Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Door cloth

Our bedroom door shrinks and swells with the weather.  At the moment it's shrunk and no longer latches.  Until recently, we kept it closed by jamming a handkerchief in the gap, but today I completed work on a much prettier solution :-)

It has a flap on the back so its thickness can be changed as the door changes size.

 

Here it is in use:


I learned to do three new stitches to do this: a woven leaf stitch for the green leaves, the cretan feather stitch for the red and yellow motif and cutwork for the holes for the door handles!  It was fun :-)  It took about 2 weeks to do but it's so much prettier than the hanky we were using before :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment